Corn ‘n’ Pepper Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley and seasonings. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with butter. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2009
I served this at a weekend family lake cottage potluck and everybody loved it. I tripled the recipe keeping the same proportions. I changed only one thing: we only cooked it on the one side, keeping the crimped side up so that no juices had a chance to run out. The vegetables steamed well enough this way. Definitely a keeper!