Corn ‘n’ Pepper Packets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley and seasonings. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with butter. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 4, 2009
I served this at a weekend family lake cottage potluck and everybody loved it. I tripled the recipe keeping the same proportions. I changed only one thing: we only cooked it on the one side, keeping the crimped side up so that no juices had a chance to run out. The vegetables steamed well enough this way. Definitely a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.