Corn ‘n’ Lima Bean Tossed Salad
"I love to serve this colorful, zesty salad with country-style hearth bread for dipping in the delicious dressing," writes Lily Julow ofLawrenceville, Georgia.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring lima beans and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn; simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, red peppers, onion and bean mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the lime juice, oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Corn, Baby Limas and Roasted Red Pepper Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007