Corn ‘n’ Green Bean Bake
A list of traditional side dishes would have to include this consummate classic: green bean casserole. This incredibly rich, cheesy version is a favorite in my family. —Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 70 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.