Corn Muffins with Honey Butter Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, milk powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add water, butter, eggs and lemon juice; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2. Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl, beat together honey and softened butter. Serve with the muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 185 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Corn Muffins with Honey Butter
"It makes too many."
"These muffins are delicious and the honey butter adds a touch of sweetness. I will definitely make this recipe again."