- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, milk powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add water, butter, eggs and lemon juice; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into 24 greased muffin cups. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together honey and softened butter. Serve with the muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCorn Muffins with Honey Butter
"Thank you thank you thank you for putting this recipe on this website! I cut this recipe out of Country Woman Magazine in 1993 and it was my go-to recipe. I loved it more than any other corn muffin or corn bread recipe and I lost it a couple of years ago and have searched for it and moaned about it. I looked online hoping but not really thinking I could find it and here it is!"
"It makes too many."
"These muffins are delicious and the honey butter adds a touch of sweetness. I will definitely make this recipe again."