Corn Dog Twists Recipe
- 1 tube (11-1/2 ounces) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Separate corn bread twists; wrap one strip around each hot dog. Brush with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 815mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Corn Dog Twists
"Pillsbury stopped making the Corn Twists several years ago and the regular breadsticks were not available at my store. After doing some research it is still unclear if they are making the regular ones or if they are just very hard to find. Anyhow, I ended up buying the Pillsbury Thin Pizza crust and sliced it into 8 strips which I wrapped around the hotdogs. They turned out good, obviously not corn dogs, but more like pigs in blankets. Of course I know I could have easily made a homemade batter, but just trying to keep it simple for an after work weeknight dinner."
"This was very easy, and my picky eater 7-year-old loved it."
"GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE WERE DELICIOUS AND easy. My daughter loved them."
"These are easy to make and taste great."
"These are great - just wish I could get the cornbread twists up here in the North - I had to use the breadsticks. These are very similar to the pigs in a blanket that I grew up eating - only bigger!!"