Corn Chip Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (16 ounces) reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Corn chips or tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, water, olives, chili powder, oregano, pepper sauce, garlic powder and cumin. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- 3. Stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 87 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Corn Chip Chili Cheese Dip
"So good I could eat it with a spoon!"
"This is easy to make and always on my party table. One friend of ours calls it that crazy-good dip."
"I was very excited to make this recipe, but was soooo disappointed with it. I cook precisely, measure everything, and it just didn't turn out like I'd pictured it. It was very thin. Don't know if the 3/4 c. water did that. Also used the exact ingred. that were listed. It didn't look anything like the photo. What went wrong?"
"Great dip and easy to make! I am trying new recipes to serve at our Super Bowl party and this one definitely made it!"
"This recipe is a keeper. To jazz it up a bit, I added more cheese, more chili powder. As a volunteer field editor, who hosts lots of parties, I know I will be making this recipe again.. and again."
"Excellent dip. I made a batch for our family reunion so folks would have something to munch on while we waited to serve the big meal. Some ate so much of this dip they weren't hungry! I used our own home-grown frozen corn and opened up a can of chipotle peppers and put in one of the peppers and a little of the sauce instead of just the hot pepper sauce and I added extra cheese. VERY good! I served it with tortilla chips instead of corn chips, too."
"How addicting this is !!!! This was a huge hit !!!"
"I left out the corn and olives, it was still very tasty! Would make this again!"
"So yummy. My whole family loves it."
"This was great, but added sriracha sauce to add some spice!"