Corn Chip Beef Bake Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in rice, tomato, lemon juice, salt and hot pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in mayonnaise.
- 2. Spoon into two 15-oz. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crushed corn chips. Bake, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 456 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Corn Chip Beef Bake
"I am writing this after making this recipe for about the 5th time and loving it each time. It is quick, easy, fast and made with ingredients always at hand. The combination of tomato, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and mayonnaise create a different, interesting blend of tastes. It really works for me when I've been sewing all day and not given much thought to dinner. The quantity is perfect for us because my husband only likes leftovers that have been hiding in the freezer for awhile!"
"I was disappointed with this recipe, and will not make it again."