Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Remove from the heat; add remaining ingredients except for 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 263 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2017
I took this to a family get-together and everyone loved it!
Feb 14, 2009
I made this for a church dinner tomorrow, so I doubled the recipe. My family liked it and I liked it but I think next time I will use less flour, if any. There's starch in the rice and I thought it was a little too starchy with the all the flour. It's fine when it's hot but when it starts cooling down you can really tell, it get's kind of gooey (for lack of a better word). It still tastes good. I'll let you know how it goes over after the dinner.