Jalapenos give this creamy corn dish a subtle, spicy flavor. It makes an appearance on my table at Thanksgiving and Christmas, which makes my husband happy!—Anita Anderson, Mesquite, Texas
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place half of corn in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with jalapeno slices and remaining corn. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cream cheese just until melted. Pour over corn. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Corn Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p116
Reviews forCorn Casserole with Jalapenos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2012
"Very good. I lightened it up by using skim milk and reduced fat cream cheese. Turned out good. Cuts the calories by 2/3 still great flavor."