Corn Cakes with Shrimp & Guacamole
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Small strips green onion and/or fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the corn and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cheese. Add pepper sauce and remaining water; stir just until moistened. Fold in the corn, red pepper, green onion and minced cilantro.
- 3. Pour batter by tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Set aside.
- 4. In a small bowl, mash avocado with onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Top each pancake with a teaspoonful of guacamole and a shrimp. Garnish with green onion and/or cilantro. Serve immediately.
1 each: 44 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 14, 2015
This was an easy, quick weeknight dinner that won raves from hubby. Will become part of the rotation. Topped mine with some leftover cranberry salsa, also on this site. Did not make the guac bc I was out of avocados. Will try it next time.