VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted (TKAK: this is being used for guacamole so will need it to be soft enough to mash)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (TKAK if frozen please place in fridge to thaw)
- Crab Cakes
- (Eggs should always be beaten: either lightly beaten in the ingredients or beaten in the method.)
- In a large/ small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Fold in crab. ... In a (large / small) skillet over medium-high heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for x-x minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Loose batter
- Transfer to a large bowl; fold in crab and chives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a (large / small) skillet over medium-high heat, cook seafood cakes in oil in batches for x-x minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Loose batter, breaded before cooking
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drop 1/4 cup crab mixture into crumbs. Gently coat and shape into a 3/4-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture. In a (large / small) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in oil in batches for x-x minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Originally published as Corn Cakes with Shrimp & Guacamole in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p41
Reviews forCorn Cakes with Shrimp & Guacamole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review