Sharon Van Ornum takes advantage of convenience items in this simple side dish that's only 52 cents a serving. "This casserole is a great addition to any meal," says the Hilton, New York cook.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup french-fried onions
- In a bowl, combine soup, 2/3 cup milk and vegetables. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and remaining milk just until blended. Carefully spread over vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Veggie Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p62
Reviews forCorn Bread Veggie Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review