Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, layer corn bread, beans, celery, onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Spoon beef over tomato layer. Spread topping over salad (do not toss). Yield: 8 servings.
When making Corn Bread Salad, you can either use your own homemade corn bread recipe or an 8-1/2 ounce mix. If using a mix, follow package directions. When cool, crumble about half the corn bread to measure 1-1/2 cups for the salad. Crumble and freeze the remaining corn bread for another use, or cut it into squares and serve with soup.
1 each: 450 calories, 34g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.