Corn Bread Salad for Two
Looking for a tasty way to use up extra corn bread? Give this change-of-pace salad with vegetables and bacon a try. Perfect for two, it's guaranteed to shake up the dinner doldrums.—Marge Price, Dothan, Alabam
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the corn bread, tomato, green pepper, onions and celery. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cornbread Salad in Reminisce November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.