Rich, creamy mushroom stuffing inside moist chops makes this dish special enough to serve company. “Although the recipe serves just two, it can easily be doubled or tripled,” notes LaDonna Reed, a field editor from Ponca City, Oklahoma.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup corn bread stuffing
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides; set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Top with pork chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Pork Casserole in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 53
Reviews forCorn Bread Pork Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review