Corn Bread Pork Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed corn bread stuffing
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides; set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, garlic and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 11, 2010
I would use cornstarch in the gravy as I could taste the flour. But otherwise good and moist.
Oct 26, 2008
This recipe was very easy to prepare; it tasted like you were eating out. Not just your plain pork chops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.