- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tubes (11-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated corn bread twists
- Shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; cool. Stir in the pimientos, chilies and cheese; set aside.
- Sprinkle two greased 14-in. x pizza pans with cornmeal. Pat corn bread dough into a 14-in. circle on each pan. With a sharp knife, cut a 7-in. "X" in the center of the dough. Cut another 7-in. "X" to form eight pie-shaped wedges in the center.
- Spoon filling around edge of dough. Fold points of dough over filling; tuck under ring and pinch to seal (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Fill center with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 servings each).
Reviews forCorn Bread Pizza Wheels
"we enjoy recipes like this and have also made it with chicken fajitas, tacos and I am working on using the crescent rolls for a sausage in the biscuits with gravy on top and eggs on the side. it also travels well for pot lucks and my teenage grandson loves it. so far so good!"