My husband has loved this recipe since the day we were married. He requests it often. It's easy to make, and I usually have the ingredients on hand.—Becky Grubaugh, Newton, Illinois
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- Place chili beans in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with onion and cheese. Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Chili Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p120