Corn and Tomato Medley
With a little spark of cumin, this garden-fresh medley showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn, onion, green pepper, butter, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 126 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Corn Medley in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.