Corn and Tomato Medley
With a little spark of cumin, this garden-fresh medley showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn, onion, green pepper, butter, salt and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer.