Corn and Peppers
Add a little pep to plain corn with this flavorful recipe. It's as colorful as it is fresh tasting.—Carol J. Gaus, Itasca, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place the corn and peppers in a steamer basket over water. Sprinkle with seasonings. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a serving bowl. Add tomato and parsley; toss gently.