Corn and Bean Medley
Its tasty and colorful. Packed with nutrition and still tastes great! A pretty hearty side dish that can be served as a main course if you want a meatless meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 137 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Corn and Bean Medley in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.