The recipe for these pancakes developed several years ago when our four children were still living at home. It was one of their favorite breakfast items for many years.—Pearl Sheler, Milan, Michigan
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and cornmeal. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in corn and bacon.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: about 20 pancakes.
Originally published as Corn and Bacon Pancakes in Country Woman July/August 2003, p35