VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; simmer 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and ginger. Add carrots, asparagus, water chestnuts and parsley. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Medley in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p18
Reviews forCorn and Asparagus Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2014
"Looks like a great recipe, but where is the corn?"