- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 small sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes; turn. Place the squash, onion and jalapenos on grill; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. When vegetables are cool enough to handle, remove corn from the cobs, chop the squash and onion, and seed and chop the jalapenos. Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in the basil, oregano, garlic, salt and cumin. Place 1/2 cup filling on one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas over filling. On a griddle or large skillet, cook quesadillas in oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCorn 'n' Squash Quesadillas
"My sister and I loved this recipe. The two of us ate almost the entire batch the first time we made it! I mix up the filling ahead of time so it's a quick meal when we are in a hurry."