A list of traditional side dishes would have to include this consummate classic...green bean casserole. This incredibly rich, cheesy version is a favorite in my family.—Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Recommended: 55 Cafeteria Copycat Recipes That'll Take You Back
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 70 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake in Light & Tasty
Reviews forCorn 'n' Green Bean Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2009
"I could have gone for the makeover, but I wanted rich and cheesy and this fit perfectly."