- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, pasta, buttermilk, cream cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until the pasta is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCorn 'n' Beef Pasta Bake
"We picked this recipe because it was such an interesting combination of ingredients. The flavors came together well, and was just as good reheated the next day. We upped the amount of chili powder for added pizzazz. Cajun seasoning would be a good alternative too."