Cordon Bleu Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut a pocket in each chop. Combine the next 10 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Drain pork and discard marinade. Insert a ham/cheese roll in each pocket; fasten with toothpicks. Grill, covered, over medium coals, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade, for 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cordon Bleu Pork Chops
"Although I butchered the recipe (didn't have all the ingridents like I thought... It was great. I used pork steaks instead of chops (will use chops next time) and I didn't have the dried onion so I used fresh onion instead. Everyone loved them though. BIG HIT!!!!"
"These chops are THE BEST!! My family gave these rave reviews and told me that this recipe is a "keeper"!"