Cordon Bleu Egg Rolls
These delicious golden egg rolls disappear at parties...but my kids love them all year-round. I often freeze a batch and let them microwave a couple for after school snacks.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound frozen breaded chicken tenders, thawed and cubed
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 pound cubed deli ham
- 1/2 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filing. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with egg rolls.
Originally published as Cordon Blue Egg Rolls in Country Woman Christmas 2005