- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a nonstick skillet, saute ham for 4-5 minutes or until browned; drain and pat dry. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer the turkey, cheese and ham; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and nutmeg until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCordon Bleu Casserole
"Really great recipe.and make it often. I use chicken and ham and less breadcrumbs. My family loves this recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"This is a winner! I love everything about this dish. It is quick to put together and has amazing flavor! Highly recommend it."
"easy to make."
"Made this last night. Yummy! Made it with cooked chicken, but other than that exactly as instructed. May cut amount of onion, some bites a little overpowering. Definitely a keeper & comfort food on a rainy/snowy night."
"The dish is a keeper. We substituted turkey in the recipe and enjoyed it. The breadcrumbs were yummy. My one qualm was the onion really overpowered it. We'll cut that in half next time and enjoy it more."
"Yum! Will definitely make again. Tasted a lot like a pot pie... may try adding in veggies."
"Made with leftover turkey - very good"