Cordon Bleu Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lean deli ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring water and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine vegetables with 1/3 cup soup. Combine the chicken with remaining soup; spoon over vegetables. Layer with ham and cheese. Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over cheese. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 501 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1350mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 39g protein.
Mar 20, 2012
It did not taste anything like cordon bleu at all.
Feb 7, 2012
This recipe is delicious..Very easy & QUICK to assemble..Will definitely make again..YUM
Feb 7, 2012
Did anyone look at the amount of sodium in this recipe???
Nov 1, 2011
Absolutely delicious! The left overs lasted about an hour before my boyfriend ate them!
Jan 14, 2011
I didn't add the ham or swiss, just cheddar and it was like a pot pie with a stuffing top. Very good but cook longer if you don't cook the chicken first. I just threw it all together and baked it.
Feb 9, 2010
I used lima beans (only thing left in the freezer!) and cubed ham. I also tossed much of it together without measuring. Wonderful mixture!
Dec 17, 2009
Easy and delicious dish! I added a little milk to the soup, thinking it was too dry, but didn't need it. I sauteed onions, garlic & green peppers with the chicken for flavor. Next time I would double the bread crumb topping.