Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots in water until tender; drain. Remove carrots; set aside and keep warm. In the same saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger. Gradually stir in orange juice; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add butter. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 115 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 2, 2012
Quick recipe that the whole family enjoyed.
Aug 7, 2011
Very Good, bowl was empty when we left the table
Feb 13, 2011
wonderful rich flavor the whole family would enjoy ..Sonja from Ellsworth, Maine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.