Copper Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min. + cooling
- 5 pounds carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a Dutch oven. Add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain; rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine green peppers, onion and carrots; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour over carrot mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 278 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 27, 2015
This is a very nice salad, I cut the sugar by 1/3 Rd and when l make it again I will cut the Italian seasoning by 1/2.
May 12, 2013
I served it at a potluck I thought at was average, but I was asked for the recipe by one person
Mar 16, 2009
This is one of my favorite pot luck recipes I elemenate some of the time chopping and cooking carrots by using frozen crinkle cut carrots thawed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.