Cool Raspberry Peach Pie
This pretty pie combines two of Mindee Myer's favorite fruits. From Lincoln, Nebraska, she writes, "This recipe makes most of raspberries and peaches when they're at their peak."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- In a food processor, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter; pulse until blended. Add egg white; pulse until moistened.
- Press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add peaches; stir to coat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; gently stir in raspberries. Spoon into prepared crust. Chill until set. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen raspberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 252 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cool Raspberry Peach Pie in Light & Tasty August/September 2002