Cool ‘N’ Creamy Chocolate Pie
My mother-in-law fixes this pie often for family get-togethers. It's one of my husband's favorite desserts. My two sons love it as well.—Christie Pyle, Owasso, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Mix in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spread into crust. Top with pudding mixture and remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 382 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 31, 2014
Nov 15, 2010
Although the flavors were good, this pie did not set and was a complete mess to cut. I almost wondered if I should have frozen it overnight first instead of refrigeration.