Cool Mandarin Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- Fresh mint, optional
- Drain oranges, reserving the juice, add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Refrigerate the oranges.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in reserved juice. Add sherbet, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Keep 10 orange segments refrigerated for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into gelatin mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with reserved oranges and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 134 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Feb 12, 2014
Easy to make and SO good!
May 10, 2013
omg, my mother used to make this 45yrs. ago. So refreshing! So glad to have the recipe.
Jul 20, 2011
This was great and refreshing. My husband loved it! Very simple to make. We will have this again. I will be sharing it with my Grandchildren.
Nov 21, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.