- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forCool Lime Squares
"Thanks for the recipe! Made these for July 4th and they were a huge hit. Is it a joke to cut the "squares" into "triangles"?"