Cool Lime Cheesecake
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- Whipped cream and lime slices
- 1. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the side of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream and flour; beat well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lime juice, vanilla and food coloring if desired just until mixed. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and lime. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 374 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
May 31, 2015
I loved this light tart cheesecake. I added a sour cream topping with a little sugar, vanilla, and lime juice and zest. It didn't really need it but I thought it was pretty. Delightful cheesecake.
Apr 18, 2013
This is the best lime cheesecake recipe I ever found.This is the best and simple to make at home.Perfect ingredient and perfect method of making..I love it.. Thanks for sharing this..
Apr 27, 2012
I wanted to make a cheesecake dessert for our monthly office luncheon, which was featuring a Mexican theme, and lime was the first thing that came to mind. This is the first cheesecake recipe I've come across that had sour cream in it and I thought the silky texture and the tartness of the lime really complimented each other. It received a number of compliments and there were no left-overs. I thought the recipe was quite easy. My advice to anyone whose batter is lumpy and sticks to the bowl, you need to soften the cream cheese a lot more. My cream cheese was super soft and I had no trouble.
Jun 20, 2011
This actually took alot longer to bake- at least in my oven. I love Key Lime Pie and I love Cheesecake- I think the two are better off not meeting in the same pie!
Jun 17, 2011
WOW is all i can say with a mouthfull
Dec 14, 2010
My husband loves this light and cool summer cheesecake.
Jul 11, 2010
This cheesecake turned out sooo good!! To me, it's kind of a cross between key lime pie and cheesecake...two of my favorites. The texture is creamy and the lime is just enough to give a tart taste. Definitely a keeper!!
Feb 25, 2010
I have made this cheesecake several times through the years and it is a hit every time. I have even made it for bake sales and it has been the 1st to go at a very high price! Definitely a winner!
May 23, 2008
I've made this recipe 3 or 4 times. Each time, I've scraped the bowl more and more. I noticed that the cream cheese sticks to the bottom of the mixing bowl, making it lumpy when pouring into the crust. Scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl before each ingredient is added and stir by hand before pouring. This will help cut the lumps!