Cool-Kitchen Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min.
Makes2 loaves (3 servings each)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place each loaf in a disposable 8x4-in. loaf pan. Cover with foil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over meat loaves before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 276 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2015
i like this recipe iti is quick and easy to make. plus my family really enjoyed it. will make again
Jan 27, 2014
They ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting!! This is a KEEPER!!!
Nov 13, 2011
My husband does not care for meatloaf...and he really enjoyed this one!!! I will continue to make it from now on.
Jul 29, 2011
delicious and very moist!
Dec 29, 2009
I've been making this recipe for over a year now. I add more brown sugar to the sauce and a little white sugar or splenda and less mustard and vinegar. It is absolutley fantastic! One of our family's favorites!
Sep 12, 2009
good grief - don't use the foil pans if you don't want them ending up in someone else's backyard. no need to judge - she's probably "green" in other ways - just like you.
Aug 21, 2009
As with any recipe, each family can make whatever adjustments they deem appropriate. I loved it just the way it was and washed out the tins to recycle. I really liked having the two loaves. With just 2 of us, one went in the freezer and leftovers from each loaf made delicious sandwiches the next day.
Aug 21, 2009
And when you "just toss out the foil pans," where do you think they are going? To someone else's back yard! Reduce, reuse, recycle.
Aug 21, 2009
Wow, sounds good but way TOO much sodium!
Aug 20, 2009
Sounds like a good idea, but I would want more flavor, so I would add the usual green peppers, tomatoes and garlic to the above ingredients.