Cool Dill Asparagus
This asparagus dish has been in my recipe file so long I can't remember where it originated. It makes a good cool vegetable on a hot day.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all the remaining ingredients and shake well. Place asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. To serve, remove asparagus and arrange on a platter; remove pimiento and onion from marinade with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over asparagus.