Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches
The unlikely combination of ingredients (including jalapeno peppers and strawberry ice cream) in this cool dessert creates a wonderfully grown-up version of a classic ice cream sandwich. —Melissa Hansen, Rochester, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly; set aside to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 497 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.