Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwiches
The unlikely combination of ingredients (including jalapeno peppers and strawberry ice cream) in this cool dessert creates a wonderfully grown-up version of a classic ice cream sandwich. —Melissa Hansen, Rochester, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 6 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 8 soft snickerdoodle cookies
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Add jelly; set aside to cool.
- To make ice cream sandwiches, place a scoop of ice cream on the bottom of half of the cookies. Top with strawberries, jalapeno mixture and remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet overnight.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 497 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cool & Creamy Ice Cream Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012