Cool Cranberry Pie
This cool and creamy pie has real holiday appeal. Many relatives and friends prefer it to traditional cranberry pie.—Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 extra-servings-size graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 1/3 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry juice to a boil. Add to gelatin mixture; stir until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Whisk thickened gelatin mixture for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Add to cream cheese; beat until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Fold remaining topping into cream cheese mixture.
- Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl; mash with a fork until spreadable. Spread over bottom of crust. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm. Garnish with reserved whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 506 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cool Cranberry Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.