Cool Corn Salad
A tangy dressing drapes the veggies in this vibrant salad Although the recipe has quite a few ingredients, it’s simple to make. It’s great for summer cookouts.—Sheli Jo McMahon, Menomonie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the corn, carrots, onion and pimientos. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 112 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cool Corn Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.