- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCool Beans Salad
"Nice side dish that was enjoyed by all."
"A hit with everyone"
"Have made this many times .Really have enjoyed it ."
"Very Good. It was gone in a flash."
"When I made it I used Mexicorn instead of regular corn and I added another type of bean, I used a can of pintos.... amazing for summer or for somebody eating a bit healthy!!!!"
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this salad! I have made it numerous times this summer and many friends and family have asked for the recipe. The only change that I made was using 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup of oil to cut some calories (doesn't need all that oil). I use about 2 cups of fresh corn, cooked and cut off the cob. It's great eaten just as is, or sometimes I add grated cheddar cheese and cherry tomatoes, halved, and I serve it as a dip with tortilla chips or in a wrap. Flavor improves after chilling for several hours...........even better the next day. Try it you won't be sorry!"
"I saved this recipe and made it many times! A family favorite!"
"A new favorite!"
"Simple and flavorful. Everyone loves this recipe, so we just keep making it. Great side dish with Oven-fried chicken!"
"Loved it!! I used a full bag of Basmati rice, 12oz, added an additional can of beans. I had pink beans on hand and I doubled the dressing so as to have extra on hand if the rice got 'dry' after the initial absorbtion. Was even better the next day."