Cool and Creamy Raspberry Delight
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 300° In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes (crust will not brown). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Beat first four filling ingredients until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust.
- 3. For topping, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Add raspberries; stir until blended. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until set. If desired, serve with additional whipped topping.
1 piece: 435 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 14, 2018
I recently made this for my quilt group and everyone loved it and wanted the Recipe! I cut the sugar in the filling just a tad so it sets up better at high altitude, where I live. A real winner for the ladies!
Aug 18, 2013
We love love this dessert When I am in a hurry I use fresh raspberries and Danish Dessert for the topping.
Jul 23, 2013
AMAZING! This is simply fantastic. I always get tons of compliments.
Jan 17, 2013
This is so good! I make it with strawberries instead of raspberries though.
Nov 14, 2010
This is a great dessert! I have made it a couple of times.
May 18, 2010
SIMPLY the best! Each and every time I serve this tasty treat everyone wants the recipe...I will be making this for years to come! XLNT!!!!
Dec 23, 2009
This is now a family favorite! My mom asks for it all the time and we seem to always have it. Awesome recipe!
May 9, 2009
This was FABULOUS. I thought it might be a touch seedy from all the raspberries, but it wasn't. My mom doesn't like raspberry but this can be made with other fruits/gelatins (like strawberries).
Dec 31, 1969
I made this today for company, it was wonderful. No leftovers, darn it. Will definitely make it again.