- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 300° In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes (crust will not brown). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat first four filling ingredients until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust.
- For topping, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Add raspberries; stir until blended. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until set. If desired, serve with additional whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCool and Creamy Raspberry Delight
"AMAZING! This is simply fantastic. I always get tons of compliments."
"This is so good! I make it with strawberries instead of raspberries though."
"This is a great dessert! I have made it a couple of times."
"SIMPLY the best! Each and every time I serve this tasty treat everyone wants the recipe...I will be making this for years to come! XLNT!!!!"
"This is now a family favorite! My mom asks for it all the time and we seem to always have it. Awesome recipe!"
"This was FABULOUS. I thought it might be a touch seedy from all the raspberries, but it wasn't. My mom doesn't like raspberry but this can be made with other fruits/gelatins (like strawberries)."
"I made this today for company, it was wonderful. No leftovers, darn it. Will definitely make it again."