Total TimePrep: 2 hours + cooling
- Brownie cupcakes or chocolate cupcakes
- Orange colored sugar
- 1 tube (4-1/4 ounces) black decorating icing
- Caramel cream candies, gumdrops and Hot Tamales
- Colored toothpicks
- Sprinkle brownies with colored sugar to resemble hot coals. Pipe grill grates onto brownies using icing.
- Cut caramel candies into slices; indent slightly to form steaks. Cut gum drops in half and cut a caramel candy into small pieces; thread alternately onto toothpicks to form kabobs. Arrange the hot dogs (Hot Tamales), steaks and kabobs on brownies. Pipe grill marks over tops using icing.
Jun 8, 2013
These are really cute. They taste good, but are very time consuming to decorate. Also, we used black gel which does not set up so we had messy hands after eating. The tamales do not stick well with the gel either, but the store was out of the frosting.