Cookies with Pecans
My family prefers these pecan cookies to any store-bought variety. Self-rising flour makes them a little different from most cookie recipes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 144 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.