Cookies with Pecans
My family prefers these pecan cookies to any store-bought variety. Self-rising flour makes them a little different from most cookie recipes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 144 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pecan Sandies in Best of Country Cookies