Cookies on a Stick
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 20 miniature Snickers candy bars
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg; beat well. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Insert a lollipop stick into a side of each candy bar until stick is nearly at the opposite side. Press 1 heaping tablespoon of dough around each candy bar until completely covered. Press dough tightly around the end of the candy bar and the stick.
- Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 8, 2011
When cookies are fresh from the oven you can decorate them with candies. I use M & M's to put on eyes and nose then use string licorice to add a smiley mouth. BE SURE TO ADD AS SOON AS COOKIES COME FROM OVEN.
Dec 29, 2009
Everyone loved and raved about them. I'm getting requests for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.