Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cake
This cake is the perfect size when you're feeding a smaller crowd and don't want leftovers. Chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies are in every biteful. —Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Additional coarsely chopped Oreo cookies, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with water. Stir in chopped cookies. Pour into a greased and flour 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, beat cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake; sprinkle with additional chopped cookies if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 376 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cookies 'n' Cream Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Mar 5, 2015
My whole family liked this. They loved the idea of the Oreos inside the cake! I added cocoa to the whipped cream topping just for a little more chocolate!
May 17, 2010
This is Great and my family this love so much yes make it again